By Mathias Eichler
Winter, trails, darkness, and all the weather.
One last hurrah before the end of the year. Runners, get ready for a fun and festive holiday treat along the trails of Squaxin Park.
SheRaces confirms on Instagram new updates to UTMB’s policies and procedures focusing on their commitments for women.
Starting in 2024 for all of their global races UTMB will provide the following:
- Female only toilets (and more of them, with easier access)
- Period products on races 50km+
- Female changing rooms where there is a drop bag
- Inclusive, less intimidating language to promote races
- More female representation on media coverage and presentations
- Showcasing stories of both elite and regular women racing
- Adjusting the performance index so female elite athletes are compared fairly with men (our money is on @courtneydauwalter being top overall!!)
Can’t wait to see how they adjust the performance index. This will be a crucial piece in creating better visibility for women at the top.